Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meet Crystal!


Last Tuesday was Crystal’s first day as our new Program Coordinator at America SCORES Dallas.  We were lucky to have the chance to get to know her and introduce her to you through a good old-fashioned interview:

Hi Crystal, welcome to the office.  What is your background?
My background is actually in accounting.  I was a manager of taxes and accounting at a firm in Grapevine for 4 years.  I also have about 8 years of experience teaching and substitute teaching at a private school in Keller.  At the private school I also ran an after school program, which provided activities and homework help.  Last fall, I assisted Allison, the America SCORES program coordinator in Fort Worth, with Friday game days.  In addition to working here at America SCORES, I am in nursing school part-time and plan to graduate at the end of the summer. 

Very diverse!  Tell me about the most rewarding experience you’ve had doing program work.
During the afterschool program at the private school, I was able to see the children progress from point A to point B.  The moment a kid realizes that they can accomplish their goals is priceless.  They not only enjoyed these activities that we provided, but they learned a lot. 

What attracted you to America SCORES?
I was originally drawn to America SCORES simply because it is a non-profit organization that helps out under-resourced children.  I have two kids and know what it is like to be a single mother with the odds stacked against you.  After helping out with game days in Fort Worth last fall, I saw how much America SCORES impacted these kids’ lives and I wanted to get more involved. 

If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
Instant Healing Touch.  I would love to be able to heal anyone, physically or emotionally, instantaneously!

No comments:

Post a Comment